Tuesday, January 31, 2012

And finally....

Pregnancy update!!


So I'm hoping my child doesn't someday look down on me for not really documenting its journey in the womb. Dale and I decided that we're not a very exciting couple in regards to pregnancy. We check the "what's happening with your baby" stuff about once a month, and we aren't finding out the gender, much to the disapointment of some of my siblings, and we just aren't very fun about it. Don't get me wrong, we're so, so, so excited and you can tell we're very happy, we just don't have all that much to share..I blame both of us working full time and me feeling like junk 24 hours a day till about week 18 when it finally started to wear off. I'm feeling pretty good now which I am very grateful for!! Dale is now teaching early morning seminary which is really hard on his body and time, but I'm so proud of him for all of his effort! The real blessing in disguise is we both end up going to bed between 8:30 and 9:00 every night, and I stay in bed till about 7 every morning, and seriously I think it is keeping my energy up and probably really helping me to have a pleasant pregnancy now. So thanks, love, for serving the Lord and helping me get lots and lots of sleep :)


Anyway, we have a lot going on and we're starting to get some things ready for the baby! We have a rock-star sister-in-law that is able to find us AMAZING deals on baby stuff. Her mom got us a car seat, a bassonet, a swing and several other baby things from a neighbor who is no longer having kids, which we are so grateful for! And Irene (rock-star) also found a used glider rocking chair for us and we've got that set up in our living room. It needs a little bit of work, but it's awesome! She and her family have also been really nice in getting me a few maternity clothes which are super cute.


We were at week 23 last Sunday.
So far I don't really look pregnant from behind...






And only a little just straight on...






But turn me to the side...








And BOOM! There's a baby in there! These pictures were taken at about 10:30 on Sunday night which was WAY past my bed time...so it helped me look a little more pregnant then normal and contributed to my slightly rumpled look.


The baby moves A LOT and has since about week 18 or 19. Dale and I think it's a boy...but we really have no logic behind that other than one day we both thought it might be a boy...so don't go and get us anything blue:) My little brother is convinced it's a girl and he also thinks he's the baby whisperer, so we'll see who is right in May... he does have a pretty good track record with the other grand babies so far. We have a few name ideas for both genders but have no idea which one we'll use until the kid gets here!!


Also...I'm on pinterest now...and I'm obsessed!! So if any of you are on there let me know so we can follow each other!! I'm under Deanna Lunt Baker :)

3 comments:

missy said...

You look great! (And I see my sign on your couch. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so so so excited for you guys!! :)

mks said...

i love that you arent finding out either. that is great you found so many great deals. send some luck our way!