So we'll hit some high-lights from our epic tales.
First, the following pictures crack me up. As tradition, every year we re-enact the nativity, and this year we decided to mostly have the children do the parts unless they weren't able to walk, which in that case they were held by a parent. The only issue is there were 8 children under the age of 8...and our family friend that comes and spends Christmas Eve with us most years read the story very meticulously (and, consequently, very slowly)...therefore the children were REALLY struggling to stay alert, or, it turns out, on their feet....Watch it unfold....
It was hilarious. Some of the grandchildren were struggling with teething and one was having some bad asthma issues which was sad and added to the over all A.D.D., but made the experience pretty funny.
We then follow up the Nativity reenactment with the Lunt family talent show, which really depressed me to find out that I didn't somehow get pictures or video of. I will give you the high lights. The grandbabies sang a primary song that was awesome, then Laura and Jay surprised us with a re-enactment of a family favorite, the song from a Muppet Christmas Carol, "The Love is Gone", which is easily one of the cheesiest songs of all time and Laura even busted out a bonnet. It was AMAZING. Watch the movie and you'll know what we're talking about. Laura mastered the weird singing accent and everything. It is a british accent but sometimes gets stuck in weird parts of the actress's mouth and nose. So great. I then followed it up with a surprise Neil Diamond sing along for all of the siblings. We were raised on Neil in all of our cross-country road trips. I really enjoyed myself.
We got a group picture with my camera the next day...and of course I had it set on record so you get to see the video...and then the actual picture.
Dale had to go back to work on the 26th which was sad for us, and I stayed at my family's house until the 30th. During that week we went to the local skating rink and rocked out. I hung out with baby Thomas and little Joseph, who really wanted to come but was super sick, so he slept on a bench next to me almost the whole time. Here are some picture highlights from that with a few explanations underneath.
Thomas with April and then with Kevin.
The dang tall and skinny couple that is blurring past the camera are the other Baker couple in our family, Laura and Jay. They were easily a foot taller than the average person there. Seth is coming up behind. Lighting was bad and I ended up taking multiple blurry photos...
Tamir is in the striped sweater and is giving skating his best shot. Not bad for a first timer! I didn't get any pictures of it, but he and Sarah's second, Alli, did NOT have good luck with skating...it was pretty funny.
Putting out the vibe...
Sick Joseph...if you'll notice he kind of sleeps with his eyes open...a little creepy:)
Hannah skated in style...without having to actually stand!
"Red light, Green light"...Kevin is the guy on the floor. Jay is next to him and Joe is in the front with the white polo. I think he and Jay were the winners and got some laffy-taffy for their victory.
Thomas with Grandpa and then with Dad and Uncle Kevin.
It was really fun! Everyone there missed having Chad and his family with us, but we were glad to be able to visit with them throughout the week over skype, and that Lucy was able to be home over Christmas. Hopefully we'll get to visit them in person soon!
1 comment:
Excellent documenting. Videos and everything. I enjoyed myself.
Post a Comment