Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Life update...

So I was looking through our camera this weekend and realized that I have missed documenting most of the last 7 months...oops!

So some of the next posts might be really boring to some people...I guess, sorry?? At least it will be mostly pictures :)

We'll start with what might be one of the most epic parts of our lives in the last 7 months and something we were wanting to knock off our bucket list....


The one.....


The only......



Home Alone House!!! It's in Winnetka, Illinois and we took some friends from our church with us. It was awesome. Seriously we were so jazzed. The address is in fact 671 Lincoln, just like he says in the movie! There is a family still living in the house, and I'm sure they are sick of strangers hanging out in their driveway, but I think they should count their blessings because I was about 4 steps from knocking on the door so I could at least go in their back yard and see the stairwell to the basement. We really love those movies.



The wires the tree branch fell on.



The electric box that blew and thus caused the alarm clock to not work...



Us very creepily standing in the driveway while the owners were watching TV inside.





I didn't officially check, but I'm almost positive this is the SAME creepy Santa wreathe from the movie...how cool is that?!



The Murphy's house....


The church where Kevin hides in the Nativity. The inside scene where he becomes friends with the old guy Buzz told him killed his family and mummified the bodies in the salt he puts on the sidewalks (it's all coming back now, isn't it??) were actually filmed at a different church several miles away, which we didn't make it to.



This is obviously not the same nativity that was used in the movie...but we figured it was still a nativity and still in the same church yard, so might as well!

We then drove around for a little bit and checked out some of the GORGEOUS homes lining that part of Lake Michigan. We passed a little beach area so we got out to check out the closest thing we have to an ocean.




It was pretty dang cold, but really beautiful!


We ended the evening getting some hot chocolate, but I didn't think that was epic enough to take a picture of.

More to come!!

1 comment:

Laura and Jay said...

Sooo jealous. The closest thing to that out here would be going to East High (High School Musical) or maybe finding the Sandlot.